Venture Development Intern (f/m/d)
Apollo Ventures is a life science venture capital firm and life science company builder working across Europe and North America. Apollo is unique among investment firms due to its focus on a specific field of scientific research – the basic biology of aging. Apollo helps scientists working on understanding how and why we age to set up companies based on their discoveries, then builds those companies together with scientists and biotech professionals.
The Internship is a 3 to 6-month program designed to give you the opportunity to enter the VC space and help create, launch, and build a venture-backed life science company. The Internship is an accelerated path to equip you with the skills to join our team or one of the Portfolio companies full-time.
- Work closely with the management of Apollo and our portfolio companies on selected hands-on projects in different areas
- Work side by side with some of the top investors and scientists focused on aging in the world
- Acquire the skills needed to start companies and support in developing business concepts and launching new ventures
- Manage your own projects and experience various areas of our ventures (business development, fundraising and market research)
- Outstanding academic results (preferably with a business, science or engineering background)
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to think translationally across multiple disciplines with the aim of creating something completely new
- Self-directed working style to succeed in a non-hierarchical environment with a fast-moving, young team
- Previous work experience in a start-up, tier -1 investment banking and or consulting experience
- An appetite for going stretching outside their comfort zone to take on projects related to business development and fundraising
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter + CV including two references from current or recent supervisors/employers to firstname.lastname@example.org