Pre-clinical Project Manager II (f/m/d)
Apollo Ventures is a life science venture capital firm and life science company builder working across Europe and North America. Apollo is unique among investment firms due to its focus on a specific field of scientific research – the basic biology of aging. Apollo helps scientists working on understanding how and why we age to set up companies based on their discoveries, then builds those companies together with scientists and biotech professionals.
Apollo Ventures is looking for an experienced preclinical drug development project manager for one of our portfolio companies targeting cellular senescence. The job is based in either Holland (Utrecht) or USA (New York or Boston).
Your job will be to drive cross-functional product development operational activities for early development compounds, as well as lend support in driving strategic planning and execution.
As a preclinical project manager, your activities will include: planning, coordinating and tracking the progress of drug development programs, communicating and negotiating with external partners such as CROs and CDMOs, and actively participate in cross-functional team meetings.
You would have the unique opportunity to shape one of the most exciting pharmaceutical companies of the last decade, and to be part in one of the most dynamic fields of research.
Apollo Ventures offers
- Being part of and able to shape one of the most interesting and challenging fields of research
- High degree of responsibility from day one
- Work alongside the CEO of the portfolio company
- The opportunity to work in a highly motivated international team
- Profound insights into various phases of a growing biotech company
- A competitive salary alongside the opportunity to work either in Holland (Utrecht) or USA (New York or Boston)
- Equity package
- Coordinate 3-4 preclinical peptide development projects in cellular senescence
- Develop and manage project plans, timelines, agendas, budgets, resourcing requirements, rolling summaries and other tools required to facilitate planning and coordination of deliverables for the projects
- Assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity and quality goals and objectives
- Have daily check-ins with CROs, academic collaborators, and CDMOs running ADME and PK + Tox
- Source, manage and negotiate contracts with CROs and CDMOs
- Work with the CEO, incl. lend support in driving the strategic planning and execution and help build the team around the product
- You hold a graduate degree in life sciences, PhD level preferred
- You have worked for at least 3-5 years in the biotech industry, with at least half that time being in a drug development and preclinical project management role, ideally focusing on peptides
- You have broad operational experience with an understanding of the drug development process
- You have a strong ability to drive problem solving, decision making, and issue resolution
- You have exceptional project management skills
- You are well experienced in sourcing, managing, and negotiating with CROs and CDMOs
- You are motivated, enthusiastic and feel compelled to push things forward
- Your perseverance and resilience to overcome project obstacles and drive to completion is ubiquitous
- You are energetic, highly organized, detail oriented, diplomatic, and calm under pressure
- You have experience working with or in start-ups (ideally), and are able to deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
- You speak fluent English
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter + CV including two references from current or recent supervisors/employers firstname.lastname@example.org